Insulation Thickness Calculations
Fortunately, Pittsburgh Corning has developed a unique range of tailored insulation thickness calculation programs, unrivalled in the industry. Estimates of insulation thickness can be made using online tools, but these programs may not take into account all relevant parameters, and mistakes can easily be made. Our programs take away the guesswork so that our Systems Engineers can provide you with the optimal solutions for your applications.
Pittsburgh Corning’s Technical Services Engineers will work with you to determine the appropriate FOAMGLAS® insulation thickness and system specification to achieve maximum performance and best value for your installation.
Using equations and procedures specified by ASTM C680 (www.astm.org), ISO 12241:2008, ISO 13787 and/or ISO 23993 (www.iso.org), our experts will be able to give you guidance and reliable assessments of:
- Minimum insulation thickness to prevent condensation
- Minimum insulation thickness to achieve heat gain / heat loss targets
- Minimum thickness for personnel protection to achieve a given surface temperature
- Heat flow rates
- Heat transfer coefficients
- Temperature drop along flowing or static pipes
- Prevention of freezing in flowing or static water pipes and equipment
- Heat loss from buried pipes
- Operational energy losses
- Steam quality
- Emission reductions
- Fire exposure simulations for UL1709, ASTM E-119, and hydrocarbon pool fires
Pittsburgh Corning’s FOAMGLAS® Technical Services team is uniquely able to support your goals of achieving process safety and efficiency. Our objective is to give you fast, effective and accurate technical advice, application advice and personalized support.